WINE RACE 2016 .. MATTc380 .. TRENT 353 .. BEN 347 ...... Garden species:- Macros 357, Micros 365, Total 722

Wednesday 6 March 2013

5th March 2013 ... NEWTo Garden

Following a very warm day, a few moths turned up in and around the traps, but the highlight for me was a first appearance of a newt near my small fish pond.
In fact my fish pond has been the centre of attention this week with a heron seeking to devour my 6 goldfish (was 8)

Keeping an eye on my 6 remaining goldfish from the neighbours roof...Grey Heron

Smooth Newt 
Last nights Moths ....
The first Common Quakers turned up as expected and I was pleased to see a March Moth as I missed out on it last year.
4 x Agonopterix heracliana and 1 Acleris schalleriana completed the tally.

Common Quaker

Common Quaker

March Moth

Acleris schalleriana,  (To be confirmed)

No comments:

Post a Comment