WINE RACE 2016 .. MATTc380 .. TRENT 353 .. BEN 347 ...... Garden species:- Macros 357, Micros 365, Total 722

Wednesday 28 July 2010

26th July......OAK EGGAR !!

A warm evening with heavy cloud, clearing later to reveal a bright full moon. 44 macro species caught with two traps running and the shed illuminated for my half hourly patrols armed with camera. A garden "first", a wonderful Oak Eggar female, to which I have dedicated my pics for this blog.
.............................................................
OAK EGGAR....(female)









Not sure about this one, it looks a little different to my usual Double Square spots, maybe a Triple -spotted Clay ? Pic sent to VC30 recorders for ID
No verdict on this one....and a lesson learnt......I could have seen the difference myself had I checked out the hindwing. Pale for Triple-spotted Clay and much darker for the commoner Double Square-spot. The Oak Eggar flew down to my illuminated shed early evening, around 2230 hrs, and ruined the rest of the nights mothin'. There was no way I could better that ! The best of the rest was, a Campion, Mouse Moth, Spectacle, 2 x Sallow Kitten, Nut-tree Tussock, 2 x Scalloped Oak, 2 x July Highflyer, Mere Wainscot, Brown-line Bright-eye, Red/Dark Twin-spot Carpet, a high count of 7 Small Waved Umber, an intermediate Peppered Moth, 4 x Ruby Tiger plus the usual hundreds of Dark Arches and Shuttle-shaped Darts, Underwings and a few others that would be expected. Also around 25 micros were recorded that I could name, with a few for Mr Mannings email box.




No comments:

Post a Comment