WINE RACE 2016 .. MATTc380 .. TRENT 353 .. BEN 347 ...... Garden species:- Macros 357, Micros 365, Total 722

Sunday 20 March 2011

19th March 2011.......Fag Break

A lucky break indeed !


I've been laying some slabs around the garden, nice day for it, and during a coffee break I checked out the sun drenched brick/stone back wall.
This NURSERY WEB SPIDER was sunning itself and .....

.....8 of those funny little jumping spiders were hunting around the warm bricks.
As I watched, one of the spiders dragged a moth out of a crevice in the brickwork.
Sorry to say I deprived it of its lunch and added this DIURNEA FAGELLA to my micro year list....................


.......The half dead creature succombed 10 mins after the photo shoot.
The warm sunshine kicked started my garden into life and the first flowers appeared on many plants, including my Lungwort which had attracted quite a few Bumble Bees and Hover Flies.

Lungwort (above)
Green Shield Bug (below)


The Green Shield Bug was misidentified earlier. What I didn't know at the time was, they turn brown in late autumn before hibernation and take a week or more to turn back to green in the spring when they become active again.
I decided to run a trap in the early hours of the evening until the temperature fell too low.
A Double-striped Pug turned up on the wall near the trap and both Common Quaker and Clouded Trap were caught, but nothing else turned up after the moon rose.
Apparently, this is the nearest the moon has been to the earth in 20 odd years so it is big and bright right now.
...........................................................................
MOONRISE .....almost like daylight in my garden last night.


Yesterday/Last nights Moths :-
0663...Diurnea fagella *FFY
1862...Double-striped Pug
2187...Common Quaker
2188...Clouded Drab
TOTALS....200 moths (133 macro, 67 micro) of 24 species (16 macro, 8 micro)












No comments:

Post a Comment