WINE RACE 2016 .. MATTc380 .. TRENT 353 .. BEN 347 ...... Garden species:- Macros 357, Micros 365, Total 722

Thursday 17 September 2009




Sept 17 2009;-


Much calmer than last night and distinctly warmer too.


Nice moth turned up and obligingly posed near the trap on my garden wall,


A Large Ranunculus (see pic above) which I believe is uncommon in the area.(hope my I.D. skills are improving !)


Others include Large yellow Underwings, Willow Beauty (2), several micro-moths (leave THEM for the patient people who read Latin) Square Spot Rustics, Brimstone, Lesser Yellow Underwing, Shuttle-Shaped Dart.
The top pic is one of a multitude of these micro-moths !


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. correnting myself, the "micro moth" is a Caddis fly species

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again. My trap was full of them, with a great variety of sizes although they all looked like the same species

    ReplyDelete