WINE RACE 2016 .. MATTc380 .. TRENT 353 .. BEN 347 ...... Garden species:- Macros 357, Micros 365, Total 722

Tuesday 18 May 2010

17th May ... SubLime !

Had to put the traps on early (15.30) due to work commitments, but glad I did. Returning home at midnight I checked the traps and found this cracking Lime Hawkmoth behind the egg boxes in the skinner. Temperatures rapidly dropped to 4degC through the night, slowing down the activity to a stop. While working at a Tesco store in Norwich, I checked the fire escape route lights and found two lifers, Swallow Prominent and a Chocolate Tip
...........................................
LIME HAWKMOTH a new entry for my garden list
HEART and DART also a garden first

LIGHT EMERALD. First for year


FLAME SHOULDER is a common moth in my garden. This is one of 5 trapped Results:-
9 x S.S.Dart
5 x Flame Shoulder
1 x Rustic Shoulder-knot
1 x Light Emerald
1 x Heart and Dart
1 x Lime Hawkmoth
1 x Muslin Moth
1 x Common Pug
Emmelina monodactyla
PLUS 4 "David Mannings" ( I am pestering him on a regular basis now. It's his own fault for sparking my interest in micros !)




No comments:

Post a Comment